maandag 1 oktober 2012

Food inspiration + recipes

Hi guys,
My mum wants me to  cook some meals now and then. I don't mind doing that because I don't hate cooking. What I do want, is to make things we've never eaten before.
So, I remembered I reblogged some delicious looking things on my tumblr a while ago.
So I took those pictures and decided to make a post about food inspiration :)








Since I found the pictures without the recipe, I just guess what's in it :)
You can add whatever you like to add to make it taste better haha.







Let's start with something that's really easy!

The Dutch word for a toasted sandwich is a tosti, but I have no idea what the correct English word is. To make it a little easier to explain, I'll call it a toasted sandwich.
I really like this one myself, and I eat it regulary.
You can see what it is made of quite easily:

- 2 pieces bread
- Cheese, in slices (I prefer mozzerella)
- Tomatoes, also in slices. I guess 4 thin slices is enough
- Rucola / rocket salad

- Green pesto, I don't see it on the picture, but I just looove green pesto :)
Now, basically what you do is put it all on one piece of bread, put the other piece on top, and toast it. You can use more cheese, tomatoes or rucola if you want.




This one doesn't look really difficult either :)
It's a chicken sandwich, well, I call it a chicken sandwich haha.
What you need is:

- Two slices white bread
- Some onion rings

- Tomato slices
- Some lettuce

- Chicken. The one on the picture looks crispy. If I would make this one myself, I would buy a crispy chicken schnitzel.
To make this sandwich, you need to bake the chicken and toast the bread.

Then put the chicken, the lettuce, the tomato and the onion rings on one slice bread and place the other slice on top :)





This one looks really healthy to me! Two weeks ago I made this salad together with my best friend for het family. They all loved it!
This is what you need, but feel free to make it your own taste:

- Lettuce
- egg(s)
- Crispy chicken schnitzel (or something like that, i think it's the best when you use something that's a little crispy)
- pine nuts

- Tomato
- Cucumber

- Everything else you'd like to add
Start with cutting the cucumber and tomato into little pieces. You can use as must tomato or cucumber as you want. While you cut the vegatables, you can boil the egg(s). Put the lettuce, tomato and cumcumber in a bowl, or put it on a plate if you make it for one person. I don't know how long you need to bake/fry the chicken, but you can find that on the package. Put the pine nuts in a frying pan and make sure they get a bit gold/brown. Now put the pine nuts in the salad Cut the chicken in slices/rips, like you also see in the picture above. You can serve the chicken and the egg(s) on top or just mix it through the salad.





Okay, I know this one doesn't look really delicious, but believe me, it is!
It's paste with chicken and pesto cream sauce. I made it todat and every body liked it. :)
What you need to make this (recipe for 4 persons):

- 400 g chicken
- 400 g Paste (macaroni, spaghetti etc)
- 1,5 tomatoes
- pine nuts
- a little jar pesto (you can add as much pesto as you like)

- Rucola
- Creme fraiche or cooking cream, I did 50/50
- One onion

- two gloves of garlic
If you do this one right, the sauce needs as much time as you need for the paste. Start with cutting the chicken into little pieces. Also cut the tomato and the onion.  Fill a big pan with water, half full. Place it on the fire and wait untill it boils. At the same time, you put the onions in a saucepan with olive oil. When the onions get a little gold, add the chicken and the garlic(cut into small pieces). Chicken needs some time to get done, so make sure it's not uncooked when you serve it. When the chicken start to get a little gold, and the water in you other pan boils, you can put your paste in the pan with water. On the package you can see how long it should take before it's done. Add the creme fraiche/cooking cream, tomatoes and pesto in the pan with the chicken. Stir and mix it well. You can roast the pine nuts untill they are gold brown in a small frying pan, don't add them yet. When the paste is done, remove it from the pan with water and put it in your sauce pan. Now add the rucola and mix it. Just a second before you serve it you add the pine nuts :)




Well, these aren't professional recipes, and you can probably find similar recipes everywhere on the internet haha. But I still hope you guys enjoyed it!

Here are some other inspiration pictures:










1 opmerking: